1. Allow plenty of time for travel to the venue for your audition.
2. The Casting Committee will expect you to have prepared for the audition, know your character, understand their role in the piece and to have studied their music and dialogue.
3. You will initially audition individually for the Casting Committee of 10 or more people.
4. You will be introduced to the Casting Committee and have an opportunity to speak with the MD / Accompanist before you begin.
5. You will have selected a short piece. You can audition in ‘costume’ if preferred and use helpful Props, but will not be penalised if you don’t. The music pieces can either be learned or sung holding the Score, without penalty.
6. You may do your own audition in any appropriate manner. The Casting Committee want you to do your best and will understand if you stop and restart, or repeat the audition.
7. Each individual audition is carefully considered and discussed. Please be understanding if you are not invited to stay, as selection is often very difficult. The Casting Committee are experienced and always grateful to all those who offer to audition, realising that it is a stressful process.
8. The Casting Committee Chairman will provide candidates with performance Feedback, on request, as a help and assistance towards future auditions.